View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ysong
Saw a game play on TV recently:

A1 with the ball in his front court, tried to pass the ball to A2 who was also in front court, but the ball was deflected by B1 a little bit. A2 tried to salvage the ball but only bumped the ball to his back court. then A2 ran across the mid-court line and secured the ball.

Backcourt! but where was the whistle? the game went on as if nothing had happened.

So now you know it was one of the NBA games. Those officials are bad, as we all know, but how come the team B coach did not go crazy?

Only later I found out that the defination of "team control" were different between NBA and NCAA, or NFHS, etc. In NBA rules, the "team control" also ends "when opponent(s) deflect the ball". (is this a recent change or has it been that way all along?)

I could not help wondering which ruling was better, or which ruling matched the spirit of this sport better?

In above case, if it happens in a high school or college game, team A simply can do nothing to prevent team B from getting the ball first, even though it was not exactly their fault to put themselves into such situation. So why do NCAA and NFHS keep the detailed backcourt ruling the way it is?

Thanks.
Is it possible you can get this translated to English & repost it?

TIA
Dear Dan_ref, My English is very poor. Is it possible THAT you (XX CAN) get it translated INTO easy English and post it AGAIN?

BTW, is that the best you can do? How come it seems very low to me?