View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Before I start, remember I am a second year umpire so be easy on me.

I am basing this on what I have read on this thread and the one on the subject of when to put a ball into play after a HR.

If the catcher can not appeal the BR missing the plate until she leaves the field, then it seems unfair for a runner to get to go all the way to one step outside of the dugout, laugh and joke with team players, turn around casually walk back to home and tag the plate without possibility of being put out.

If this is true, and it appears to be, then the same thing applies if the BR misses 1b on purpose, trots to 2b misses it, jogs to 3b misses it, slows to a pace a little faster than a walk, steps over home plate, high fives all her team, walks to one step outside of the dugout, turns around, laughs as she runs to home, touches plate, runs to 3b touches it, runs to 2b touches it, runs to 1b touches it, turns around, runs to 2b touches it, runs to 3b touches it, runs to home, and finally touches it for a score with out the possibility of being put out.

If I miss understoud what was being said, someone please correct me. Again remember, this is my second year in this business.