View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2005, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dear King Rat!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB

I'll let Tee speak for himself, but in my view and experience, there is a world of difference between a manager "questioning" the reason for a balk and "arguing" the balk. I have no problem with the manager, or in my case, the skipper coming out and asking why I called a balk. If after receiving the answer he chooses to remain and argue, he do so at his own peril.
Quote:
And I - and the MLBUM - agree with you. Reread Tee's post: He says the manager isn't going to come out at all. Just over-reaching on his part, I guess.
Quote:
I guess you and I just read what Tee wrote differently:

Balks,as balls and strikes, are not an issue that can be argued.

I read that as he will not allow the skipper to "argue" a balk call. Neither will I. And according to your agreement with my post, neither will you.
Quote:
I'll type this slowly, so everyone can follow along. (grin) Tee said: "As you could not enter the field to talk with me it seems impossible to use your trap in a game where real umpires umpire."

Tee is not the only umpire who thinks that those who leave their position to "discuss" a balk are to be automatically ejected.

Wiggle how you will, that's what he said. And what he said is wrong.
Good Lord, Carl why are you trying to pick a fight with me? Grin all you'd like, it has no effect on reality. I stated what I would do. Amazingly, you agreed.

I said I was not speaking for Tim, and then I quoted an exact line from in his post. And you want to argue quote for quote?

I don't care. No wiggling here. Tee's a big boy and can speak for himself. If you want to argue about Tee's post, argue with Tee.

Please.