View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 21, 2005, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
The clock properly started on Red's throw-in.
The Red score and Blue's throw-in is the 1st dead ball after the clock properly started.
[This the first dead ball after the clock properly started and is when the error is yet correctable.]

The OOB off Red [2nd dead ball] and Blue's throw-in is next dead ball (7.1) after the clock properly started.

After the 2nd dead ball the error is no longer correctable.
Count Red's last basket and Throw-in to Blue at Table.

mick

AAARRrrgghh!!! And I thought I totally NAILED it! Even went back and reread the correctable errors section the next morning.

So here's what I did. 1) I let the time on the clock stand. 2) Went back and allowed the bonus throws and then 3) gave the ball to Blue for a throw-in on the OOB's.

I TOTALLY missed the first dead ball after Red scored and considered the OOB's play to be the first one. I explained it as such to both coaches and they ended up being in agreement which was fine because that's how we were going to do it anyhow!

There shouldn't be any difference in the application of a deadball/correctable error even though you have a running clock either, should there? A deadball is a deadball whether the clock runs or not, correct?