View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 16, 2005, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref

Of course, we know that this is really just about someone making money. The shirt manufacturers see this as a great way to potentially double their revenue. If each official has to have both shirts in his bag, then they sell twice as many shirts.

Since I officiate soccer, I can tell you that multiple shirts is one of the worst deals for an official that you can imagine. We have FOUR different colors and two styles (short sleeve and long sleeve). That's eight shirts that need to be packed into a bag for games. Besides the expense of the additional shirts, the possibility of forgetting or losing one is greatly increased.

IMO just say no to the people pushing the grays. They do not have the best interests of the officials in mind.

No one is asking for "mandatory" Nevada....just the option! And of course, all crew members must wear the same that game.

The money issue doesn't stand. I generally purchase two new shirts per year. It generally is covered by working one game. I believe it's just the cost of "business". I also believe most of us pack an extra shirt or two in case we soak through one....blood gets on it.....partner, oops, forgets his/her's.

No big deal....if you don't like 'em....don't wear 'em....but those that do.....hey, you have a CHOICE.

JMHO

wl