View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 13, 2005, 06:38pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jonwill57
Has anyone every witnesses an official take out his personal dislike for a team, player or coach with his whistle? I watched it happen two weeks ago. Without going into the grizzley details, has anyone ever witnessed it or worked with a partner who did it?
BTW - in Illinois, the IHSA assigned one crew to work the three regional games being played at the same sight (Tues., Wed., & championship on Fri.). Bad move because anymosity that arised on day one was certain to remembered on day 3!

Every game I officiate I choose a team to hate with a passion that knows no bounds. I make sure that I call five or six fouls on its players before I call a single foul against its opponent's player. When a player of its opponent's team dribbles the ball extremely high I never ever call an illegal dribble against the player. If a player if its opponent's team gains a legal guarding position but is moving backwards and gets run over by the player with the ball, I always call a player control foul. As you can see I am the worst basketball official that ever lived.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio