View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2005, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref

c. Repeatedly delaying the game by preventing the ball from being promptly put in play, such as delaying the administration of a throw-in or free throw by engaging in a team huddle any place on the playing court.
1. One warning shall be given to a team that fails to comply; an indirect technical foul shall be assessed thereafter.
d. Failing to remove chairs/stools immediately after the warning signal of any timeout and to complete cleanup before the final warning signal alerts all personnel that play is going to resume.
1. One warning shall be given to a team that fails to comply; an indirect technical foul shall be assessed thereafter.

So it appears to me that there are TWO specific warnings in NCAA play as opposed to the three that can be given under NFHS rules.
Again, this is news to me, so please help me understand this better, if I don't have it exactly right.
Note that the delay warning is given for repeatedly delaying, not just for a single case.

BTW I wouldn't call these an *official* warning, with an explicite procedure as defined in the fed book. It's more like an *official's* warning, IOO something informally done. In any event I don't see that it's done very often.

In the original play apparently the defender coming over the line didn't change the play so I would have let it go.