View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 05:42pm
Official Forum Member

I don't have a problem with the timeout

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankHtown
I'd like to see time-out requests given back to the players. Hearing a "time-out," looking back to make sure it was the head coach, turning back to the play, and either a) a pass is in the air, or b) it's an interrupted dribble, or c) team b has stolen it, and now you can't grant the time-out, and now coach A is upset...make the players request the timeout...that way the coach can gripe at his players rather than the referee.

why can't you grant it?? It was requested while in player posession, you just confirmed that fact, a slow whistle is usually better than a quick one....I don't have a problem telling the opposing coach that his opponent requested the TO while in possession....I had a game this year, as the ball was getting ready to come in, I was discussing a previous call with a coach, we were about to put the ball in, so I was turning to watch the action, at this time the coach requests time out, I reach for my whistle, miss it, reach again, get it blow it, and it comes out of my mouth, I get it again and blow it, and the ball has now made it to half court....of course the opposing coach says hey he can't have a time out we have the ball...so I explain that he requested it legally....so to summarize, I don't have a problem with it the way it is