View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drothamel
I actually had a partner last year who had two in one night. We had a JV/Varsity Boys double-header (most of our games around here are like that) between two big rival schools. The horn sounded for halftime of the JV game, and as the three of us are gathering at midcourt to go to the table, the visiting coach comes running out and starts going nuts. It was one of those things that you could kinda see coming. The coach got only a few words out before WHACK! my partner nails him. In response, the coach yells, "Hell, you might as well just give me the second one!" WHACK! now he gets the pointer finger to the door as well. Until this point, none of us have said anything. As the coach is getting ready to turn, he then yells, "I've been coaching for 11 years, and I have never been ejected from a game!" Now my partner replies, "Well, then I guess you will have to start that streak over again."

After the coach was ejected, he kept trying to come back in the gym, we actually had to get the sheriffs involved.

In the varsity game, there was a fan sitting in the first row, foul line extended, and he was being extremely loud, and even more obnoxious. After getting on my partner a few times, he was standing in the C near him. The guy said someting, and he just turned to him and said, "You probably don't know this, but I actually hold an officiating record for throwing fans out of gyms." Interestingly, the guy actually quieted down after that.

At this particular school, things are always interesting, and this night was no different.