View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by golfdesigner
Just looking for some input on this one--
Let me set the stage
One of the last games of the year -- boys sophomore game on Senior night so gym is beginning to fill on the home side fairly early, Visitors side is still pretty empty

There are about 12-15 home team students in the first 2-4 rows of bleachers directly in line with the Visitor's FT line extended, on Visitor's side of gym.

First time we have Visitor's at line for a pair of FT, the Home students, give the shhhhhhhhh finger to mouth sound while V1 is bouncing ball getting set to try FT..As V1 begins to pull trigger on shot, the 12-15 Home team students erupt in huge raucus..They then proceeded to do this 1-2 times more during the first half..

Not as much impact in second half because we switch ends and the 12-15 students are now at Home team FT line extended.

What do all you experienced guys think should be done on this one?
I have had problems with the band director of home team instructing his band to beat the drum just before the free throw goes up. This, in my opinion, is a artifical noise maker so we instructed him to knock it off. Other than that, let em yell!