View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 24, 2005, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

More a personal venting session than anything....

I worked a Boys DH today, two very good teams, with the V game very close, several lead changes, wound up going down to the last shot. Nothing too controversial, no surprises. We were solid. Should have been a blast.

But I was working with a partner who's a bit more experienced than me, not a ton, but higher up nevertheless. I value his experience and feedback.

The trouble is, whenever I work with him, I never feel like I've done very well. He'll always give me a thing or two he feels I can work on - which is great, I'll take all the feedback I can get. But I've come to realize that when I work with him, I feel uneasy because I'm reffing and being evaluated at the same time. Never do I hear about what I've done well, or anything like that.

Same thing tonight - we had a small incident near the end where there was some confusion, nothing huge. That was all we talked about afterwards. Nothing else. I left feeling quite negative, when I should have left with my head held high. I almost said something about it before we parted ways, but chose to leave it.

I know that ultimately we are all responsible for our own happiness and outlook - but just a word to you "senior" partners out there....if you are in a position to be giving feedback to colleagues, you have a responsibility to do it in the most constructive way possible.

There, that's better.