View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 24, 2005, 07:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LouisianaDave
Snake it is true that they berate you, I was never made fun of though, but I felt that since Toliver has a girl who is a really good girl's basketball prospect that he tends to favor the women referee's that are there. We got berated by Tony Brothers about how great he is and how the NBA ref's are the greatest in the world and that we have no right to say anything when they critique us. That and they kept saying if you dont like it, Toliver will cut you a cut right then and there and you can leave, cause they are doing us a favor by being there, blah blah
Tony Brothers told me that he was invited to a D-1 camp, and subsequently hired, before he ever did a varsity HS game. I asked him how this was possible and why it happended to him. He told me his HS assignor did not like him and would not assign him any varsity games because he (Tony)was a smart @ss. Not sure I believe any of his BS, but I agree with his assignor. There were a couple of really good guys there - Fred Robinson(?), Tom Washington, Sean (?).

I never saw them yell or scream at anyone, or put a hand on anyone, but they do like to play mind games.