View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 21, 2005, 01:53am
Do not give a damn!!

Exclamation Your state should address this then.

I do not know what state you live in and for this discussion it really does not matter. This is what I have been talking about for years when I read this board. Associations (officials) seem to have way too much control in many states. You state should be setting the standard, not the local group. I would really think that way if the playoffs are going to be given out by the state association. Everything is not perfect here by any means, but the state here sets the agenda. Local associations are just an extension of the IHSA. If the local associations do not follow some guidelines, they will not be an association any more. We have certified clinics in our state and basically the same information is taught across the state. Those clinics are run by state clinicians and if they do not do their job properly, they lose those positions. So I can work from one part of the state to another (and I have in many cases) and we are not dealing with that different of philosophies. Now that does not mean that there are not personal philosophies out there, but you are not going to see things that cannot be talked out or see something that is so different officials cannot work together. I would say 90% of my games are with officials that do not belong to associations that I am a member of. I rarely have a problem with my partners either understanding the basic mechanics or our coverage areas. With what our state does with camps and other training, everyone has a relative good understanding of what we are supposed to do.

Peace