View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 20, 2005, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

First round playoff games last week and I'm calling with guys from other associations.

Now i know we all have different mechanics so we have good pregames and all is pretty good, but a couple of what i would call "unusual" calls.

Just wonderin if anyone else has noticed the same.

Sitch 1 - 55-50 with about one minute to play. Trailing team has ball. Sets offense same play they've run all game and suddenly - three seconds. (we had not had a three second call all game) I'm in C and kid has his heel on the line in post.

Sitch 2 - boys semi-final and good game but a little rough in the post. Home team up 65-60 with about two minutes to play. Suddenly out of nowhere C calls an intentional foul on home team for holding on an inbounds play. After its over score now tied as they hit 2 Ft's plus a three.

Have to admit I've not seen that one before. After the game he said that defense player grabbed offense by the jersey. But intentional??

Just wonderin if others have seen the same type of stuff which makes the whole crew look bad in the midst of a good game.

I still don't know why our state won't assign crews from the same associations for playoffs. We do in baseball, football, but not basketball.

Thanks
David