View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 01:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by IAUMP

Rut, while I do coach a 5th grade team, I also officiate football. Just because somebody makes a comment, that you do not agree with does not mean you get to make offhand comments. I think overall, you would be surprised at the fact that in coaching 30 games this year I have only been given the stop sign once. Not all coaches are ignorant of the rules or proper procedures. Around here our varsity teams will take the floor with 15+ players on the bench. Not all schools have adequate locker room space for them to properly stretch. Remember, 15 people take up a lot more space than 2 - 3.
I did not make my comments because you are a coach or not. I simply stated that what you might consider warming up, another coach might not see as warming up. At least when this thread started my comments were geared towards getting basketballs out and shooting. But during that delay there is nothing that states players cannot stretch or loosen up to get ready to play. They can do that in the locker room or on the floor. It would depend on where the injury was and if the players were in a position to interfere with the handling of that injury. There are a lot of factors to this. I could even see a suspension of the game depending on the nature of the injury and the time it takes to deal with the injury.

Peace