Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
If it goes to 1.1, I ain't touchin' it.
Tony, normally you are correct on every post, but I think on this one, you must reset to 1.2. If tenths of a second don't count for much, they why do we measure them?

I think that in a game where the last possession can win the game, an official knowingly not resetting the clock to it's proper value by rule, has done a disservice to the game, even if the official is the only one that knows.
Jug, if you can look at a clock that's ticking down and know whether it's at 2.2 or 2.1 at the exact moment that you look at it, then you're vision is a helluva a lot better than mine.

Plus, as Rich said, if it's greater than 1 second, then you have to reset it to what you thought you saw, 2.2, 2.1, whatever. If he doesn't stop it within 1 second, then it's a timing error. You ignore the lag time and rest to what you thought you saw.

That's why I'm not splitting hairs on .1. Besides that, can anyone here reset a clock to 2.2. I've yet to find a timer who can.
I can reset it to 2.2. I have been doing a fair number of clocks this season (knee injury) and I've gotten pretty good at it -- no brag, just fact.