View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2005, 11:54am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
I loved how the coach ran his players off the court after the basket in regulation; as if the refs would say, "You know, we should go to OT, but since the howlermonkey pulled his team off the court, we'll just give them the basket."
Had a situation like this earlier in the season. Team B scores with about 3 seconds left. Quickly calls time out (they are now down by 2), I blow my whistle and I'm watching the clock (when I blow it dead there's 2.2 seconds left), the horn sounds. The home team, who was by 2, goes out onto the court, however their coach very very quickly starts grabbing his players one by one and throwing them back over towards their bench whenever he saw that time was going to be put back on the clock. It was actually kind of funny how quickly he was doing this. I call my partner over (he's R) and tell him we are going to put time back on the clock. He says that we'll go with what I've got. Anyways, we put 1.2 back on, and the game was quickly over, home team still won by 2. Great game!