View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 13, 2005, 07:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by that's a walk

Ok last time I had a question I was led in the right direction. I may have this one wrong but let me put it in front of all the experience. Here goes... A1 is fouled by B1. This is the sixth team foul. B1 doesn't like the call and tells the official what he thinks. WHACK! Now they have 7 team fouls. The officials (2 man crew) got together and awarded 4 free throws. It turned out to be a 7 pt play as all 4 free throws were made plus a member of team A hit a 3 pt shot. Shouldn't they only awarded the 2 throws for the T????
It depends. Was A1 in the act of shooting when B1 fouled him? If so, then A1 is due 2 FTs. If not, it would be Team A's ball OOB, since the sixth team foul does not merit any FTs. Nothing that happens after this point can change this.

Now we have the T charged to B1. That is 2 FTs for any member of Team A. If A1 was getting 2 from before, these 2 FTs will follow those, otherwise these will be the only 2 FTs awarded.

Now Team A inbounds the ball at the division line opposite the table and you say that a member of Team A made a 3-pt shot. Ok. No problem there. Team B should have played better defense.