View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 13, 2005, 01:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Had my first "fight" tonight, in a sense. Apparently, a player from one team punched a player from the opposing team after their game -- we're talking sixth grade girls, here. Sheez.

Team A won by about 40 or 50 -- I'm not sure how much. Team B had no talent, skill, athletic ability or understanding of the game. We let a lot go, which upset Coach A. Too Bad.

At halftime, Coach A gives us this routine about how B1 was setting illegal screens, and throwing elbows. He goes on and on about how we're letting too much go, and we should be calling it tighter. He's "especially concerned that B1 is going to hurt someone with those elbows." Notice that he put it in the future perfect, which is the appropriate tense to use for a conjectural future.

I talked to Coach B about the elbows. I didn't think they were all that serious, but I didn't want to be blamed if someone did take one in the nose or something. B1 was fine the rest of the game.

So who punched who, you ask? A Team A player punched B1! After A had won by who knows how many, they still felt they needed to get even for.... what? No one got hurt, no one ever even needed to duck or dodge to avoid her. Why did she deserve to be punched? God only knows. I just hope her parents press charges.