View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 11, 2005, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Catch More Flies With Honey .......

Tuesday night GJV. Press is on I am at Division line ball pinballing all over place. Ball pops out A1 & B1 pop out . A1 drives B1 steps in. I am at two feet from endline and four feet from layup. Crash-I had no call i couldn't see that either player got there first so my call was basically a no call. From out in the neverlands we have a Tweet. i look towards the sound . Its my partner in front of the bench of the team furthest from the action. He makes the Player Control call. I look at partner-gym goes dead silent. I say to him at next dead ball " you can't make that call " He flips out on me. "He has been reffing rec ball for years" (I can tell . it shows) . People fall down he is gonna make that call everytime . So now this thread shows up a little too late to help but now I have tools for next time. Varsity ref ( Di, JUCO) shows up right before halftime. Partner makes call from baseline-play is at division line -I am at division line . Varsity ref asked him about the call . he goes off in the locker room at Varsity ref. I get my own personal halftime show. At one point i thought I was going to have to break up a physical fight.

I know on this board there are Refs who do a good job at rec ball. In our area rec/high school refs are NOT one and the same. I can go to subvarsity, without knowing the refs and point out the ones who have done rec ball. The End