View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 11, 2005, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
Today I had a middle school double header, in the first game, the coach was well behaved except for the comments he made to his team which I quickly put a stop to.

Now the second game the guy was an absolute moron. My P calls a held ball, I'm standing right infront of this guys bench and he starts complaining loudly about how the defenders hands were all over his ball carriers hands. You and I know this is legal, but he didn't seem to, so I stop signed him, he then goes on to say, "you guys are aweful" so I whack him. Now here comes the problem he didn't improve. I knew I wasn't gonna kick him out, by me kicking him out I'd have to file a report with the executive and I'm not ready to throw another one in there less than a week after the last one. So I basically knew the one T was all I was gonna give him, I was hoping my partner would do something about it, but he didn't.

Now I don't think there's any question as to whether the coach deserved to be booted out, but I was determined not to be the one to do it.

Have any of you ever been in a similar situation. I was holding back with not T'ing him, although I knew he deserved it becuase I feel giving the T would've hurt my credibility as an official.

I guess the main thing is I don't want to end up looking like Billy Crystal out there

[Edited by ref18 on Feb 10th, 2005 at 11:27 PM]
I don't rely on my partner to do what I think needs to be done. Idea -> cahones -> follow through