View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 08, 2005, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
I don't see why this is treated any differently than a double foul, with one of the fouls being on the shooter. Treat as in 4.19.7C
I would have to agree. From a principle standpoint, it's the same thing. Fouls occurring at the same time, with one committed by each team.

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
B1's foul against A1 would have to also be after the shot was released, otherwise this would be a false simultaneous foul, right?
There's no such animal, Juules.

No offense to speedy by we continue to see comments such as, "...the ball becomes dead when A2 fouled B2, so A1's shot cannot count,..." Probably read it 10 times in the past 2 months. We have Fund. 13, which says,

"A live-ball foul by the offense (team in control or last in control if the ball is loose), or the expiration of time for a quarter or extra period, causes the ball to become dead immediately, unless the ball is in flight during a try or tap for goal. The ball also becomes dead when a player-control foul occurs."

Seems to me that either a new Fund. or an addition to #13 should read,

"No foul causes a shot in flight to become a dead ball, except a player control foul."