View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SF
I had a rec basketball game today, 6th grade boys. Team A is down by about 20 when one of their post players (a big kid - bigger than me, and I'm 5'7") catches the ball on a fast break. He stops in the middle of the lane, but a quick defender gets in beside him before he shoots. I'm lead. The kid picks up the ball in one hand, takes about a step to his side and reaches out to push the defender. I called an intentional, and he takes a few steps toward me and starts screaming "What? What? What?" at the top of his lungs. I called a technical.

I still feel a little funny about all this, so I was wondering if you vets could give me a little advice on what you would have done in this situation.

Thanks
Not a vet, but T him up every time for crap like that.

I called a 11/12 yr old boys game. Gave the coach a warning on one of his players. His dad came up to me afterwards, not angry or anything, wanting to know and understand my position/reasoning. His kid is very good and knows it. I told the dad if it were a HS game I would have. 20/20 hindsight....I should have T'd him.