View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
We are not at all saying the same thing. You are saying that the NF way is the only way and the right way. I am saying that the "right way" is based on where you live and what is required. That might be in conflict with what the NF wants. Again, the NF does not give playoff assignments. The NF does not run clinics in most areas if at all. Officiating is as much about philosophy as it is what the book says or does not say. I have yet to see an official call a player control foul and use the NF mechanic in all the playoff games I have watched. So I am sure giving a preliminary signal being used or not is not always going to be considered a big deal.

Peace
If you will read my post, you'll see that I said that if that's the way it works in Rich's area great. I'm sorry if you cannot either read or comprehend, but I am used to that from you. I didn't say it was the only way.

Proper high school mechanics during high school games are a big thing in my area. If Sara said she forgot her preliminary mechanic, it sounds as if prelim signals are important in her area too. Where I work, evaluators care about how the game is called and they also care very much about how the signals are communicated as well. Having the complete package is never a bad thing.

Z