Thread: PC or Not?
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bellyache
i would like to know what those that say this is not a foul, would have said to the coach had he stated " it says in the rules book that everyone is entitled to a position on the floor. my player obtained that position legally, and was removed illegally"? and to whomever says that player "A" only hit him in the head, he then chose to fall down, that may be one of the poorest excuses for justifying not calling that foul anyone could give.
"removed illegally" is the key here I believe. Incidental isn't illegal as far as I know...

If the physical contact was judged to be "incidental" and the player was not "displaced" by force like a traditional charge, shove, or pushing foul, but recoiled due to the incidental contact, then I'm letting it go. I see no "illegal removal" as the contact is judged to be incidental.

How many times have you seen a player get clipped by an elbow or make head contact during the normal course of play in HS or NCAA and no call is made?

How about when rebounder B1 comes down with the ball under his chin and his elbows are out and makes elbow contact with A2 on the way down? A2 takes a step back and grabs his beak or recoils, is there a foul there? I say no it's incidental even though A2 is entitled to his floor space and moved out of it.

But if B1 comes down and is swinging hard and does the same thing, I have PC on him.