Thread: PC or Not?
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Gozer Send a message via Yahoo to Gozer
If B1 flopped, due to the nature of the contact, I would have come up with blocking... I had something similar to this happen to me in a recent game. I am about 5'11" and 210, the same size as "A1" on the court, and a kid about 4' mabye 4'5" (a little guy and dint weigh much), ran upto but attempted to stop infront of A1 who had LGP but there was almost no contact. I could have swore that A1 had been hit by a bullet in a hollywood movie, this kid acted better than Jerry Orbach. I come up with a foul and call blocking. As I report it the coach asks me why and tells me there is no way that he moved. I simply responded that "it was the block or a technical for flopping, you can pick, lets not have it happen again." Immediately the coach pulls the player and has a talk to him about flopping.

Later that game I had two players, a post and a player dribbling to the basket. Anyhow, they both left the floor at the same time and the "Blocker" jumped perpindicular to the dribbler. He made no forward movment in filght to the dribbler, and they collided with some force. They left at the same time so I had a 'no call.' Any advice? Should that have been a block all the way? I took it as they both were entitled to the space where they collided...

Take Care,

Kenny