Thread: PC or Not?
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 07, 2005, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef

Mark, you agree with what I say but you'd call a foul? That makes no sense. Read the post. "...The back of A1's head directly hits B1 square in the face..." B is not displaced. He chooses to fall down when there's contact to his faced. That's a foul? Not if it's my call.
First, the original post never said anything about B1 chosing to fall down. It said that the contact knocked him down. See post below.

"The back of A1's head directly hits B1 square in the face, knocking him down. "

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
When the contact occurred, they were in equally favorable positions. The path is blocked only if A1 moves in that direction, not just because he bobs his head.
Second, A1 did not just "bob his head". Using your own criteria, B1 did block the path because A1 moved "in that direction". He did this when he pivoted.

"As A1 begins his shot, B2 comes in to attempt a block. A1 attempts to avoid the block by pivoting back."

What would you call if A1 pivots and lowers his shoulder into B1? PC? If so, then why not call PC when A1 bangs his head into B1? He pivoted into him. The only difference is that the contact was on the head and not the chest. Either way, its a foul. Player was displaced.

My call, PC, going other way!