Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty

Our state allows for a coaching box, but once the coach earns a T they lose the coaching box proviledge. If I give a coach a T, I do absolutely require that they remain seated for the rest of the game.
Smitty,

I think the CHS JV coach really wanted one last night - you should have obliged. After the FG game I changed back to civies and was watching the varsity game from the upper balcony, standing next to the CHS AD. The JV coach came up (obviously didn't recognize me) & starts b***hing to the AD about the officiating of his game - all your guys fault they lost of course (forget for a moment that they are a mediocre team up against the #1 program in the state). The AD listened sympathetically, & when the coach had vented his spleen and finally walked off, turned to me & said with a grin "You see the crap I get to put up with. He constantly chips at the officials & then wonders why they won't listen to him ".
Tim you are absolutely right - I should have given him one. He even asked for one early in the second half. Literally asked for one. His poor girls were down 30 the whole game to a very, very good team. Those Southridge girls are so well coached - they could probably beat a lot of the Varsity teams and at least give the others a good game. The CHS coach wanted a foul every time his point guard had the ball. Early in the second half I tried to just calm him down, but that only made him worse. That's when he threatened to call Howard. I should have rang him up then, but honestly, I didn't think it would make the game better. He was staying seated the whole game as it was. Just chipping. I also didn't want to give him the opportunity to have himself tossed from the game. That must sound crazy, but I just had a feeling he would have forced me into a worse situation if I had given him his T. I'm glad you mentioned what happened with the AD. The cherry on the cake was that your partner said this guy used to be a ref in our association. What a peach.
Threatened to call the assignor? WHACK!
I know. I know. I've been kicking myself since the moment the game ended. I won't let that happen again.