View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 04, 2005, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Red tries to save the ball on my sideline and successfully throws the ball back onto the playing court. White catches the ball after Red saved it. For some reason my partner on the endline opposite side blows his whistle.

After he blows the whistle white shoots the ball and it goes in the basket.

I just give him one of those why in the hell are you blowing your whitles on my line and what are you even doing watching way over here looks. I am sure some of you have giving those or may have even had them given to you before.

So I ask him why he blew the ball dead and he says that he thought the kid was out of bounds and I told him that he wasn't. He said well I guess I just have an inadvertent whistle. I said yep.

He wanted to count the basket that white launched after he blew his whistle. I said no, we are just going to give the ball back to white since they had possession when you blew the whistle.

That is correct isn't it. Luckily, I have not had to deal with too many of these situations. What are the rules or procedures for handling an inadvertent whistle. I don't have my books with me today.