Thread: VT vs. Duke
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 01, 2005, 09:35am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDT (VT)
I should preface my questions by saying that (like most Tech fans, I suppose) my basketball knowledge is almost non-existent. Until now, Tech hasn't had a basketball program to speak of since I was in high school.

1. As a lay-person watching the game, the officiating seemed to me to be biased. Is it reasonable to suspect bias? Do officials ever come into a game with their own preconceived biases that could affect how they call the game?

First of all you proved why fans are totally "ignit" to the game of basketball. You obviously have no idea what officials do or why they do it.

Secondly, officials at this level are scrutinized more than most of us are at our regular jobs. Every call, every non-call, every movement is evaluated. If the officials show "bias" they will not be at this level. VT was just an inferior team. This was their first time coming into Duke in a conference game and it showed. The game was sloppy because VT was trying to take on Duke inside and obviously could not handle the intensity or environment of the game.

Peace