View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 12:57am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by OverAndBack
The more I read about how some other states "do it," the more I feel fortunate to be in the state I'm in. And I never would have thought that was possible, given that most things about this state (just in general) are so bass-ackward.
YOU!!! I have been saying this for years.

The state telling schools what to pay officials. The official's association telling officials what basketball games they can and cannot work. In this state we can work anywhere we want to and anywhere we do not. Some conferences or schools pay more money than others, but I do not do it for the money. I just want my expenses covered. Gas is not getting any cheaper. To constantly clean my uniform also costs money and to buy new stuff cost money. I also put an enormous amount of mileage on my car I would not if I stayed home and watched basketball rather than officiate it. Just like any skill we should be paid for the time we spend doing it. I just do not get bent out of shape over 10-15 dollars. If I did I would try to work all the college I could get my hands on. Even then I would drive myself crazy trying to get upset over 10-15 dollars.

Peace