View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by closely_guarded
"Unbelievable you could miss that call down there"...I let it go.
I'd give him warning for that. Generally when the coach starts riding you he's trying to push the line to see how much you'll let him get away with. Stop him early.

Quote:

Coach: "Well, I'm getting disgusted that I can't get a call down there". Me: "About thirty seconds to go on your substitution, coach." (and I start to walk away). Coach: "What? You're not going to talk about it anymore?". Me: Shake head no, I'm now about 15 ft. away and continue to walk. Coach: "Make sure your name is in the book!" (I guess some sort of reference to a complaint to be filed or to have his AD avoid me).
If you've already given him a warning, that last comment is certainly T worthy. The fact that you were at least 15' away means that he must've said this pretty loud.

Remember the T is a foul just like any other, one that I feel is under used.

Now in no way am I trying to sound T-happy (I worked it out and last year I gave T's to less than 5% of coaches), but a lot of situations about game management have been posted on this board lately, and in my opinion a T would have made a practicle solution.