View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

In Okla, there is no set fee, and the individual schools pay different amounts, although our local association encourages us to not work for less than a certain amount to avoid "undercutters". Only the largest classes use 3 man crews, and they get paid less.

If I go work a 2 man game, I will do the girls varsity and the boys varsity, and will make between $85 and $95 total. Same for the partner.

If you go work a 3 man, you do the girls and the boys, and will make about $70 per official.

Jr. Hi games are usually $25 per game, and you do either 3 boys or 3 girls games.

We don't have "assignors" in our area. I go call a game, and the coach or AD says, are you booked for next year? We break out the calendars, take a game or two for next year, and go on, or they call during the season and book you for next season. A few schools will ask one ref to take care of bringing in their officials for the entire season, but very rarely, and usually only jr hi.

The state association makes assignments for playoff games, including the state championship games, all of which pay less than most regular season games.