View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 02:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

I usually beckon the coach onto the floor and let the coach decide if he wants to help the player. I am not in a position to determine in most cases if a player is hurt bad enough to come out of a game if that player is still lying on the court. Now if they get right up I might take my time before beckoning a coach on the floor, but I am not going to T up a coach or trainer if they choose to come out onto the floor and it is obvious their player is hurt.

In this case I would apply the rules as if they were beckoned. They would have to come out of the game and could only keep them in by calling a timeout. I had the same player get hurt during our game twice and each time we beckoned the coach to come onto the court. One of the times the coach refused to come out and wanted to see if the player could get up on his own. The second time it was obvious the player was really hurt and it took us several minutes to get this player taken care of as it look like he fell on his side after being fouled.

Peace