View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 30, 2005, 04:52am
Official Forum Member

We got our varsity boys coaches together with representatives from the official's association and they all unanimously agreed that if a player is down on the ground and seems to be hurt, blow the whistle and stop the play. Apparently our representitive to the coaches then said "I'll remind you guys that you said that when your team is down by one with 8 seconds left and yoru team is on the break when an opponent goes down." The varsity officials all said, "we wont like it, but it is the right thing to do."

That has made it real easy for me on two occasions when that has happened. Once in a boys JV on an opponent's fast break and once in a girls JV on an opponent's steal. Luckily, both times the injuries were legit and not faking and both times the kid went to the floor--not just lagging behind and limping.

When each coach got pissed that I stopped breaks with my time I said "coach, talk to your varisity coach; in a meeting they all agreed I have to stop play." That pretty much ended the complaining right away.

Clark