View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 29, 2005, 09:16pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Sounds like the official, head coach, and asst. coach could all use some maturity.
This is the key. Official was out of line to imply that he calls things based on whether or not he likes the coach. But head coach was also out of line to imply that the refs ought to be helping his team. Asst coach could be the moderator here, by stepping up and talking to head coach about his attitude. The mature thing for this official is to walk away when the game is over. Even if he doesn't do that, and initiates the converstaion, it would be mature to walk away when the caoch says "It's your fault." Asst cant control the ref, but could suggest to head coach that walking away would also be mature and appropriate for the head coach.

In other words, Chris, I think your concern is well-founded, but there's not much you can do about the ref. Talk to your head coach about "rising above it" and "setting an example for the players" and help him learn to do that. It'll be far more helpful for your team than any complaints about the ref.
Well, I'm going to place the blame squarely on the official for one thing. He didn't follow the Mick mantra -- get in, get done, GET OUT. Did he think he was going to get a compliment from the coaches? Or perhaps a cookie?