View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 28, 2005, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by TimTaylor
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

It's me staying up tonight after a great game. What a blast. It just doesn't get much better than this, I'll tell ya. First in the league against second in the league, both undefeated. The band, the cheerleaders, the crowds, coaches both intent on winning. A great partner, and we worked well together, just plain fun from start to finish.
Details Juulie....which league/teams? [/B]
Cowapa league. Tillamook vs Scappoose. Tillamook is ranked 2nd in the state in 3A. Scappoose isn't in the top 10, but they're always in the "Others receiving votes" category. Scappoose got beat by around 10. They played pretty well, but their shooting was horrible. Another 10 percentage points in the shooting and we'd have had a real barn burner. Both teams had several great, clean steals. Several fast breaks. Scappoose was about 50% on their uncontested lay-ups, Tillamook about 90%. At one point we had Tillamook with 7 fouls and Scappoose with 1. No one complained. Once Scappoose started fouling to get the ball back, of course, it was all over, because even when they got the ball, they couldn't hit. There was some complaining from the girls a couple of times. Scappoose was fouling very hard, and Tillamook didn't like that. But all in all, we did a great job.

Partner was Joe Hutchins. I always like working with Joe, but last night he was great. He's lost some weight physically, and gained some weight in presence and control, and we did a fantastic job.

I've got another big one to look forward to on Monday. Central Catholic vs Centennial. CC is 1st in league, Centennial is 3rd, but they've beat second place once, and they've won their last 7 or 8 games, and they'll be the home team. There was an article in the paper on Wednesday about how important the game is, and it's going to be a complete blast. After that...