Thread: Double foul
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 28, 2005, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gmoore
player A1 shoots a two pointer player B2 fouls A1
trail official calls a double foul on both A1 and B1 ball goes in basket. I know on double foul you go to arrow to see who gets ball but most double fouls are away from the play

so count the basket and then go to arrow?
Boy oh boy, this is a convoluded one. You're telling me that one official called a foul on B2 and another official called a foul on both A1 and B1? That means that both officials were watching the shot which should not happen. I think I know what you mean so how about if I re-write it for you?

A1 is fouled by B1 on the shot. Basket goes in. Simple so far. Count the hoop and shoot one free throw. Now it sounds as if another official called a double foul on A2 and B2 while the shot was in the air. Is that correct? If so, I've never heard that one before but OK. Do things in order right? A1 shoots the free throw to complete the shooting foul and then move on to the double foul. Double foul you go to AP arrow and the throw-in would be at the spot nearest the foul committed by the opponent of the team that will get the AP throw-in.

If the double foul was called after the ball went through the hoop, now you've got a double foul called during a dead ball situation so the double foul would have to be technical. Administer the same as above only the throw-in will be at halfcourt opposite the table.

Yuck!

Z