View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 27, 2005, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joseph2493
JR,

Honestly, I don't really know. I would say two things came to my mind. First, it wasn't any big deal really and my partner was on it instantly and broke them up so the whole argument lasted about 5 seconds. Also, A1 had a T earlier in the game for unsportsmanlike so I really didn't think this little argument called for her to be ejected. The game also was not a rough or heated contest, so maybe that played into it. Finally, I have some ref experience but this is still my first year calling V games so maybe I hesitate a little more than others when it comes to the T call. Right or wrong that's what I was thinking during the whole incident. Any thoughts? Thanks for asking because it makes me go back and re-assess what I was thinking during the whole thing.
[/QUOTE]

Just one thought. I don't know if that first T really made you (or your partner) not give the second. If the player deserves it than give it to her. That is only way they are going to learn. So A's coach fussed, but what did B do?

Don't be afraid to give the players a T when they deserve it...first or second.

Remember that the little stuff builds up to the big.