View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 10:13pm
Huck Finn

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
In general, it depends on the crew and your pregame.
Sometimes some guys say when the play is right infront of them to help them out with travel and some guys say stay in your own pond. But most guys say if you see somthing that needs to be gotten then go get it.
Helping out with a travel in front of someone is mentioned pertaining to the Lead in the post not all over the court. Most guys do NOT say if you see something go get it. The mechanics of the 3-person system are what they are for angles and court coverage. This system is not meant to have 6 eyes looking at the ball all over the court. There are situations where deviations will occur but saying go get things make it the norm. Quite simply the posters situation was a clear cut example of ball watching. I hope I don't take too much of a beating for this but I believe in planning/training/pre-gaming by the book knowing that deviations will occur rather than pre-gaming the fact that it is OK to watch my area even though that is what I'm getting paid to do. Various officials will miss various amounts of calls. This is why there is rec, MS, HS, JUCO, DIII, DII and D1 to help sort US out. Of course there are other factors involved.