View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Always accountable.

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
Those questions surely back the coach into a corner - THERE IS ONLY ONE ALLOWABLE ANSWER.

So, there is no reason to ask the question UNLESS you are planning to hold him to his answer. "Coach you said you would display good sportsmanship."
This is exactly the point. To hold him accountable later, if necessary.
I don't ask those questions during my coaches meeting... BUT I STILL HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE. So what really is the purpose of the questions?

If someone really thinks there is some validity to the questions and his answers then why don't we go a step further and add some more physical validity by forcing him (you force him to give the approved answer) to sign a contract. No contract, no coaching.

Then when his sportsmanship lapses (judged by us, the officials), we can shake the signed contract in front of his face, in front of the entire crowd. "Coach you're not living up to your end of the contract; I'm going to have to T you."

I'm being facetious of course. I don't see the validity of asking the questions. And Dan I do feel it is belittling, demeaning, and confrontational to force a person into a subservient position where they must physically give a particular, prescribed answer. Not that I don't think the chain of command isn't correct. It is just not good personal/social skills. You don't win friends and influence people by forcing others.