View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 26, 2005, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dsimp8
My partner and I had a game the other night that went into double OT. Hostile crowd and hostile benches....controlled but hostile. #3 for Team A fouled out near the end of the 1st OT. We had already had 3 kids on each team foul out. Starting the 2nd OT,Team A got the tip and took it down and scored. Team B is bring the ball up the floor and i noticed #3 from Team A on the court. At first,I tried to cycle through the fouled out players in my mind and I thought I remember my partner calling the foul on him at the end of the 1st OT. I did not know he had fouled out since I was getting the lane readied for a FT. I waited until a dead ball,then went to the table to check the book. I called my partner over (he was the Referee) and we saw that he had fouled out. The coach explained to us that he was not told he had fouled out. My partner then explained that he was sent to the bench anh the coach had to send a replacement in for him.

Needless to say,my partner said we were going to shoot two technical FTs and Team B would take the ball out. I wondered about this all the way home wondering if that was the right penalty>Was it right?
When a player is assessed his 5th foul were you made aware of it from the table? Did you inform the player and the coach or did the coach just sub for him?