View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 23, 2005, 10:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
In a game on Saturday, A1 launches a 3 pointer. It hits the front of the rim, goes up and bounces on the top of the backboard then comes down through the basket. I am trail. I signal good. Coach B comes unglued. He insists the top of the backboard is OOB. I tell him I have a rulebook and would he like to bet. If I lose, I'll give him $100. If he loses, he has to go out into the middle of the court and bow down to me and apologize in front of everyone. He doesn't bet.

After the game, some guy who was standing near the endline comes up to me and my partner and says the ball hit the support on that shot. I ask my partner, who was lead right under the basket and looked up at the time, and he says no. I tell the guy "no". He says we could ask at least 30 people who saw it. I tell him this isn't a democracy. He stares for a moment then leaves.
In my 30 years of BB I have never heard of the lead looking up and I NEVER make bets with coaches. I consider that kind of talk uprofessional, IMHO.
lol, I save the betting for recball but I have been known to offer bets, no coach has ever bet me. :/