View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
I went to watch the college all star game today, and we sat with a referee who brought up this situation. I'm looking for an answer in Fed rules because he did it by the book for an NCAA game.

He calls a foul, it was the 7th team foul and therefore the fouled player was supposed to shoot the bonus. After the foul, the offending player earned an unsporting T. In the aftermath of the T, the official forgot to administer the 1 and 1. After the shots for the T. He administers the 1 and 1 with the lanes occupied and play resuming from the bonus shots. Now the coach is saying he should get the ball because of the T.

I agree with the coach and think that even though there was an error in the order of administration, you can still give possesion of the ball from the T.

Now any rules references would be great. Thanks

NCAA Men's/Women's Rules: The technical foul free throws are shot at the point of interuption.
Mark, he's knows that. He said that the official handled it correctly. He asked for the Fed ruling.

ref18, under NF, you would simply shoot the 1&1 with no one along the lane and then give them the ball at the division line.

This isn't a correctable error issue. The FTs would just simply be shot in the wrong order. There's a case play but I'm not looking it up 'cause I know I'm right.