View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

i did a double OT Frosh game last night that also had the coach ejected for two technicals. The first call of the night went against this coach and the fun began. Things like scraeming at us about ball hitting the side of the basket is out of bounds, if defender moves its automatically an offensive foul, Its obvious this is my first game etc. etc. At this junction the rules clinic is over. In a previous thread I got some advice on the three step method for dealing with coaches. The "I hear you coach" then "I will look for it coach" and finally "enough" with a stop sign.So I used the 3 step method. Well I make a foul call in front of his bench and a little too loud he says " Only an idiot would make that call " So I T him. Then in a louder voice he goes " Now I know you are an idiot" So I T him a second time. Should I have let him have the two comments for 1 technical or were two Tees justified. They were two distinct comments seperated by about 10 seconds.
Also the fans were just nasty and vile. Some of the stuff screamed was unbelievable. But I believe me & partner called a pretty good game.
The Teed coaches team won by two at buzzer of second OT
The JV game was nice and quiet a thirty point blowout. Just kinda of feeling not good about calling a T on a coach and then having him ejected.
Any and all feed back is needed and appreciated.