View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 19, 2005, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to VaLadyRef
Thanks...I had hoped I was correct. The coach apparently got very upset when it happened (I didn't focus in on that since I became lead and was under the basket). Mind you, this happened with about 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Just before the third quarter began the coach walked over to the table and told me in the form of a question "don't the rules say that if the defense tips the ball then there is no violation?" I answered him yes, but that I had the ball off of his player's leg. He then proceeded to argue the call with my partner who told the coach that I had answered his question and that was the way it was (my partner did really do a good job of backing me up). When the coach said that a parent was taping the game and that we could watch it, my partner told him that we were not going to be watching a tape. The coach made a comment about not getting any 'good' calls and went back to the bench. Partner ended up warning him in the 4th for arguing one of his calls.

Being my first year, this is the first time that I have been approached by a coach, and then completely disregarded. The coach of the visiting team, who ended up with the loss, did make a point of telling my partner and I after the game that we had called a good game, so I really appreciated that.