View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 18, 2005, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

Hey Rainmaker and BushRef,

Thanks for your comments. Interestingly, one of my tall girls could well be the next Jennie Finch--well in several years. She is a world-class softball pitcher (throws a 53-mile-an-hour pitch) and led Yorba Linda to a second-place finish in the ASA nationals in Missouri last year. She's just taken up hoops however--but she's already shown she's got game. She would certainly be the one to throw the full-court pass.

Also, I believe I know why you asked about Earlham. If you ever want to see what the world knows about you, put your name in quotes and put it in Yahoo or Google's search engine. When I do that, invariably a professor Lew Riley shows up from Earlham. And he's not the only professor with my name. And, wouldn't you know, I'm a writing instructor. I used to teach in classrooms, but now teach online for the top online institution. What a gig!

I had forgotten all about the Bobby Knight/Connie Choung interview, during which Knight uttered those famous--infamous words. I have even forgotten what expression crossed Connie's face when he said those words!

Finally, since you folks have been so helpful--I used Blind Zebra's full-court-press beater Sunday night--does anyone know of a relatively easy full-court-press to throw on the enemy? Yes, I'm not a fan of the full-court-press the entire game, but I'm certainly not averse to it late in the game when the score is close.

Thanks again for all your help--and all you do!

By the way, out here youth basketball refs get $20 per game. Is tha about average?