View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 18, 2005, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

This may be a little long, but I think it's worth sharing.

My father called me today to share a situation he had last night during a GHS Game. He has been calling at the HS and College level for 32 years and said it was a first he ever heard of this happening.

FHS vs MHS

To set it all up, two GHS are 1 and 2 in their division. Well last week, FHS @ MHS. Rumor has it that FHS got homered, they lost by 2 or 3. Before the game the coach of FHS goes and talks to by Pop and his P before the other team shows up for the game (they were late due to weather conditions) and informs them he heard through the grapevine that the coach for MHS is expected to get homered because of the game last week. My Pop explains that they are not going to discuss that, but both coaches can expect to get the game called fairly.

So, MHS shows up late, so only the Varsity will play. During the first half, a foul is called on MHS. The coach stands up and says "How can you call that, how do you guys sleep at night?" My Pop says something to the extent, "We'll sleep just fine coach", Bang, T! No further incidents until the 4th Qtr. FHS is winning by 29 with 4 minutes left. MHS goes down and scores, coach from MHS calls time out.

My Pop is admimistering the throwin on the baseline near this coaches bench. There is the thrower in, a teammate, and an opponent. The ball is inbounded, except the defender doesn't guard the ball, she starts guarding my Dad. I know, LOL. Anyway, my Pop tells her he doesn't think he looks like a girl, she needs to go guard someone else! He didn't know what to think at the time. Girls from the team bench were laughing as well as fans from this team.

So, with 30 seconds left, MHS is losing by 25. The coach from MHS calls a timeout. After the timeout, the ball is put in play by FHS, and the coach from MHS yells out, "guard him again"! This girl starts guarding my Pop again!

We have our thoughts on this and would like yours.

I can tell you what happened afterward if interrested.

I should probably add, team foul count total was 20-22.

[Edited by thumpferee on Jan 18th, 2005 at 02:30 PM]