Thread: awckward sitch
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 14, 2005, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Had a BV last week in which a very bad call was made by my partner at a very bad time of the game. Towards the end of OT home team was down by 1, they had had about 3 shot attempts in the closing seconds and were unable to convert any of them. The ball gets loose and home player and visitor player go after the ball. With one second left P calls foul on visiting team for a push(double bonus). Home team converts both free throws and is ahead by 1 point.

Visiting team calls time out to set up a play. The coach was already hollering and obviously upset about the call. I was the R, during the timeout he did not even talk to his team he stood out away from them and continued hollering about the call. I was at mid court so I could hear everything. I hated to do it, because I thought the fould was very cheap, but I stuck him. It was in the lane so with both saw it and I passed since it was 1 second left and was not major contact. I felt that even though I thought the call was bad that he could not just sit there and yell at me or my partner for the entre timeout. I was willing to let him vent a little, but enough is enough, move on.

The reason for this thread is that I am going to his school again tonight. I would never belittle or second guess another official publicly. Would any of you address the situation that happened the prior week or just act like it never happened. I do call a good many of his games so he will definitely remember.