View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Here's how the other half feels...

BushRef -- Let's see... how can I say this without sounding PC... I want the message to get through and not push buttons... Okay, ,let's try this... if seeing more than my back while I'm dressing is something that sounds fun to you, you've got way too many mental problems to be working a varsity game. I'll be calling our assignor as soon as the game's over to report your brain damage immediately. (no smilie ... you decide if I'm joking or serious. Remember that if you have any emotions or feelings about what I wrote, it's your own fault!)

Around here, we mostly either change separately and then pre-game after, or one comes dressed. It doesn't seem to me that it would be that difficult for a school to have a small set of cubicles that would be separated by dividers so we could talk and change at the same time. Sometimes, there's a bathroom where one can do the private things, and the other use the outer room, then we can pre-game during the socks, shoes, contacts and hair. Lots of times, it's just plain awkward.

For me the biggest issue is having access to my possessions at half-time. If we've dressed separately, (and in girls' games that ususally means I'm in one of the teams' locker rooms) we probably can't both have access to our stuff. I want my make-up bag, comb, towel and rule books. And then, I want to leave my jacket there with my other stuff so I don't have four stops to make when the game is over.

Usually, if we talk on the phone ahead, and then someone gets there in time to pin down the AD and make arrangements, it works out fine. For most guys, it's not an issue. So it's usually me that does the work. Which is mostly fine. If I get it my way, it's worth the work!